Monday 12 October 2015

Jason Edmiston




If there was a Church of Sci-Fi and Horror whose deities were the pantheon of monsters, Jason Edmiston's portraits would be the art surrounding the altar. There's a kind of religious reverence in the way that he depicts his subjects, and a kitschy quality to his style that strengthens that impression. Maybe there's a comment to be made here about the extent to which we worship our pop icons, but I'll leave that for you to decide.

My favourites: I love his Pazuzu, and that Texas Chain Saw poster of Marilyn Burns' eye is insane, but his portrait of Elsa Lanchester is the real showstopper here.






































2 comments:

  1. Those are AMAZING - I would proudly hang that "THEY LIVE" on my wall...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's beautiful, very appropriate that it's Ronnie Reagan too :)

    ReplyDelete