Tuesday 14 July 2015

Fucking Summer, Right?




Going by the Australian system of calendar-based reckoning, tomorrow marks the exact middle of winter here. It's cold, I'm huddled next to my crappy little oil heater and my ears are still ringing from Jucifer's insanely loud set in Newtown last night. The notorious husband-and-wife duo were every bit as mesmerising and powerful as their reputation suggests, and as usual San Francisco's Black Cobra didn't disappoint either.

My ears are still full of Gazelle Amber Valentine's distortion, but the music I can't get out of my head today is this perfect new track from Decades/Failures, "Fucking Summer, Right". It sounds like the anthem to some lost David Lynch road movie, and it's full of the lazy dreaminess of a hot summer's day after a few beers in the sun. I want to be there right now.





No comments:

Post a Comment